Sunday 1 June 2008

This is...My Pet


Hello ladies! I've missed you all! Actually this isn't my pet, it's an apron (but you knew that, right?) - I've been on a bit of a blog break because of
1)loads of alterations to sew
2)a camping trip, and
3)the craft fair was today! Hence the apron picture! If this post makes no sense, it's because I've been sewing into the wee small hours once too often this week!

The short version of all that is there are
1) only midgets where I live as I still have stacks of alterations,
2) it rained - ALOT and then ALOT more! And this comment possibly won't be understood everywhere across the world but it was not a good campsite choice - 'Shameless by the Sea' would be the best description!
3) I sold one bag!(£18) So that was worth sewing into the early hours, buying fabric, getting labels made, paying for the table (£80ish altogether). Mmm...I might postpone my plans for early retirement for a while!! Still it was a positive experience in that I met some like minded crafters which was very encouraging and there was alot of footfall, just not sure that this type of craft fair is entirely right for my product. I still feel positive though, not sure why but I do! (Although slightly stitch blinded if that makes sense!) And a very big thanks to Helen-the-cat-hater who came down from London to hold my hand and made the lovely corsage in the photo!
The good news is that I now have stock for my ETSY shop! I'll be stocking her this week, I'll keep you posted! But I REALLY do need to clean the house first.....
Back to this weeks 'This is...'

This is Mr.Fishy! His real name is Stanley (he insisted on having an alias like the rest of the family) also known as Stan the Man - he's so clever he'll answer to anything - just as long as your holding a piece of ham in your hand.....
Thanks to Kyla for this weeks theme!

And just a little mention that Very-Talented-Maria has started her blog! Stop by and say Hi to her here! (She's also far too modest to say but the paper quilt that she's posted is a prize winner!!)

UPDATE:Stan the Man isn't a burmese, he's just got a pointy face! Ha, so glad I never taught him to read!

Forgot to mention the irony of the lovely lady who bought the bag at the craft fair only lives in the next street to me and yet the craft fair was 5 miles away in Leamington Spa!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee, you're back!!! Fantastic! you sold a bag!It's out there in the world showing everyone how brilliant you are! Sorry couldn't be there,but six year old had all night party to go to. xx

jennyflowerblue said...

Welcome back! Been thinking of you and wondering how the fair went. Looking forward to checking out the Etsy shop. I'm going to look into a stall at our farmers market, Hopefully will have some luck there! Enjoy the cleaning....blurgh!

Michelle said...

Hi Stanley! Is he a burmese? He's lovely!

flossy-p said...

:) Hi Mr Fishy! I must say Stanley looks rather spry, and rather dashing too.

Anastasia said...

Stan the Man is a beauty!!! looking forward to seeing your Etsy shop - ive got a banner but no stock yet...still working on that!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Sounds like you've been working uber-hard, look forward to seeing your etsy shop. At least the craft fair was a learning experience, eh! It's been tough to shift anything recently so congrats on the bag sale. Bet you'll sell loads more through etsy!

Tanya said...

Crickey you wrote so much I can't remember what to write moi meme... doh.. If I ever had a boy I wanted to call him Stanley.. oh blimus can't think of anything else, cabbage brain today xx

Two Peas In a Pod said...

Stan the man is super cute. Kinda looks like Nikee. Thanks for sharing.
Kyla

SadieandLance said...

Oooo Mr Fishy you are one handsome catman!

Jacinta said...

Beautiful cat. (You nearly had me with the apron!) I am jealous of all these pet posts as I live in a little flat and I am at work all day and I just don't feel right about having a pet without even a garden to enjoy a stroll every now and again.
Oh well. One day.

emma said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Sharon.
Your Stanley is a very spunky feline and I laughed out loud at your memories of the craft fair.
That lady from the next street over may be repeat business, who knows? At least you can "home deliver" and save your carbon miles!

Lisa [strickerin] said...

Stan looks rather elegant for a mand with the alias Mr Fishy.

Griffin said...

What a beautiful cat. ... oh and the apron is lovely and I did look at it and like it, honest.

I am just a big softy where cats are concerned... ahem!