Thursday 19 June 2008

this is... my most favourite outfit that expresses my individual style


This is me, most days, on the school run or sewing in the house, only I've got a head and chunkier legs. Yea, I know, I've cheated and it's not me wearing it, but last time I tried taking a photo of myself I ended up jumping up and down on my bed with a lampshade on my head.....


So, green t-shirt from Peacocks, with the addition of Lobster print from me.
Gap crop Jeans from two summers ago, that I keep having to darn at the, Ahem, crotch area. Either Gap are using super soft denim or I mince alot when I walk!
Wedge sandals from Clarke's.
Necklace bought from Jennifer Collier at Origin Craft Fair about 18 months ago. It's looking a bit chipped due to the fact that I dropped it on a French cobbled street. I like to think that gives it a vintage look!
Additional styling of the tape measure courtesy of the 13year old, you can't see the pair of scissors she put hanging out of the pocket, or the fact that I told her off for shoving pins and needles in the t-shirt - before I realized that's actually what I do when I'm sewing!!
This would be my summer outfit, my winter wardrobe being exactly the same but with boots and a jumper!

Thanks to Kitty's Kaboodle for this week's theme and Angela for the meme!

7 comments:

Jodie said...

Your looking well for a headless person. can I ask if the spoon teatowels will ever be made in red????

Lisa [strickerin] said...

He he. Mine is not on my body for the photo either. A girl's gotta have some secrets..

What an observant 13yo you have for adding the finishing touches that really make it your individual style.

Anonymous said...

Love that t-shirt the lobster print is great!

Anastasia said...

looks comfortable and im always in jeans too! haha on the scissors and pins! crafty gal fun!

Bec said...

He he he...the idea of you 'mincing' along in your jeans cracks me up! Love the lobster print too!!!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

It's fabulous how your daughter contributed - funny how kids seem to take more notice of their parents than they realise. A very comfortable looking outfit.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Been a bit slack on the old blogger; busy wallpapering. Nice outfit, nice etsy shoppe!!! It's looking really prof. Been thinking how nice my laptop would look dressed in your prints. PS. I'm so relieved that your leg/s are more shapely than that metal pole.