Saturday 28 June 2008

This is....My Best Charity Shop Find

Now we have , I think, 8 charity shops where I live and I've mentioned before it's a really small town, so you would think I'd have an abundance of goodies to show! But alas not! I did manage to find these cute little lampshades for the grand sum of £1.98 and a few ornate mirrors over the years ( 5 plus the one that fell off the wall because I hadn't bothered to put in a new nail, oops!).
The best bargain though, was found by Mr.M.

This lovely 1930's club chair and it's partner were being put in the skip, when Mr.M rescued them and put them in the boot of the car! For FREE!! Of course, they weren't in this condition and we eventually got around to getting this one covered (only took us about 4 years!). The other is in the shed, still in it's original state - and believe me I don't use the word state lightly! But we live in hope that one day it might get covered and make it into the house too!

Thanks to Lino Forest for this weeks theme! And go here to see other Charity/Op shop finds!

13 comments:

Anastasia said...

lucky you to have so many charity/thrift stores...i have one only and flea markets about 15mins away so thats not too bad! groovy chair!

jennyflowerblue said...

That chair is very ace! It looks like you could actually slide down the arms....do you?

Sharon said...

NO! There will be no sliding or jumping on the furniture!I can't help it, I am my mothers' daughter!

Daisie said...

Just dropped in to say you've won an award, come on over to my blog and fetch it when you're ready!!
XXX

Anonymous said...

What a lovely pair! XX

Danielle said...

That chair is gorgeous. Awesome find Mr M!!! It's always that little bit sweeter when it's free.

Jodie said...

Just had to pop over and say that your aprons are gorgeous. I just saw them on becs blog - I'm not sure if I like the grown up one or the kiddlies ones best - You are so generous.

Swirlyarts said...

Wow - that chair is fantastic!!!!!

Bec said...

Oh my, that chair is unreal. It just looks so...well...fun!!! What a great find!

Anonymous said...

That chair is amazing! That is a seriously beautiful shape! It looks like the kind of chair that would make you feel important when you sit in it - great find!

Camilla said...

God I love that chair! I used to have a 1930s sofa and chairs that I found in a second hand shop, but eventually time, wear and my cat's sharp claws got to it. Oh and there was the one time it got fleas...now I just have dull ikea sofas (mind you they were both free) and I yearn for 30s chairs.

Inkling said...

wow, i think you win, hands down, with that club chair - it's stunning!

thanks for swinging by the ol' blog, will see you for this week's 'this is...'!

Juddie said...

Oh I adore 30s and 40s stuff, and those chairs are to die for! Well done!