Tuesday 17 June 2008

Has anyone found my brain?

So is this what happens when you reach the BIG 40? Your brain decides it doesn't need you anymore? So then you turn up at the dentist, oblivious to the fact you're a day late because, bizarrely, you've written it on the calendar for Tuesday instead of Monday, and can't blame anyone else except yourself, and then you begin to wonder if you've got early onset Alzheimer's (only you can't spell it because the brain has gone on holiday without you). Is this normal? Am I the only one who needs a list for EVERYTHING, especially if you want any edible food and toilet roll this week? Is it all downhill from here? Is there a special room full to the rafters of crafters (hey! that rhymes!) braincells? Or is it a mother thing? Or a crafting mother thing? Or a mother-f*****g thing? Or is it just me?

Oh and I joined Flickr, don't know what to do with it, but stop by and say hi here. (Pleeease, I'm a Flickr-no-mates at the mo!)

It's alright! Jodie has diagnosed me...apparently it's early onset C.R.A.F.T. disease, (Can't remember a f*****g thing). There's no hope...there's no cure....fellow sufferers should leave a comment, we'll set up a support group. Would someone remind me of that later.....

9 comments:

jennyflowerblue said...

I found something sticky and fluffy under the sofa last week, could that be it? Of is it just the usual clump of Cheerios type fluff ball that are found all over my life?

Daisie said...

I thought it was having babies that made me stupid, now you tell me there is more stupidness to come when I reach 40, argh!
Thanks!
XXX

Jodie said...

Judging by your symptoms -and I wouldn't normally diagnose over the internet but I would say you have early onset C.R.A.F.T disease (Can't rememener a F*** thing).

I suffer from it too but I seem to be able to remember the most useless stuff- like television jingles from 10 yrs ago???

Anonymous said...

Totally have C.R.A.F.T disease, still a couple of years off 40 so there's that to look forward to!

I still haven't lived down the time I furiously searched through a magazine rack in a shop, angrily tutting that I couldn't find what I was looking for, turns out they don't keep weetabix in the magazine rack...

Anonymous said...

Ha! I turned up a day early once, not so long ago. How keen is that? (Or psychotic, I mean the dentist!!!)
Thanks for the message of support! It's all over, yippeeeeeee.

Bec said...

Oh god, now I'm really worried. I suffer from all these things....and I'm only 35!!!! What the hell am I going to be like when I reach 40? EEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Sharon said...

Oh, welcome to my world......! x

Angela said...

Your post and all your funny comments just gave me a good morning laugh out loud : )

It was only yesterday I caught myself taking the loaf of bread to the laundry, of course we all know the bread lives in the kitchen! I'm three years off 40, it's starting to set in!

Juddie said...

Hey you're not alone! I have a brain like a ......

.......um ....

one of those things with holes in it ......