Sunday 24 February 2008

This is...Me Taking a Picture of Myself With My Favourite Accessory



A vintage lampshade as a hat.....
Excuse me, just having a bit of a surrealist moment!
Well, no-one said my accessory of choice had to be of the fashiony type, I'm more interested in interiors anyway - so, just be thankful I couldn't lift the leather chair and hold a camera!


This was just the excuse needed to take a picture of the lovely lampshades I found in the local charity shop a while ago, £1.50 for a pair - bargain! They're the most gorgeous shade of green, and all ruchy-wrapped chiffon (that would be a technical term), and with tassels too. Don't think I'll be wearing them on the school run anytime soon.

And just out of interest has anyone else spent Saturday afternoon balancing on the bed, with a lampshade on their head trying to take a photo in focus? Aah, thought so, knew I wouldn't be the only one 'suffering' for their blog! ;)

Have a great Sunday!


11 comments:

Anastasia said...

too cool! great lamps!

Little Munchkins said...

That is so funny! Lovely 'hat'.

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture! I've been salivating secretly over those lampshades for a long time now. Yum!

Bec said...

Hehehe, before I read anything or saw the lamp close-ups, I was thinking "oh my, she's dressed up as Bill and Ben the Flower Pot men".

Gorgeous lamps though - I can see why they are your fav accessoreies :)

Two Peas In a Pod said...

Great lamps and I love the mirror...very cool vintage. Love it.
Have a super day!
Kyla

Bird Bath said...

Hehehe, nice shot. This week's theme sure was a challenge...
photo + mirror kept me occupied for quite a while today.Lovely lamps!

Jikkes said...

I like this funny picture...great!

s said...

Clever!

Jenny said...

LOL-great photo and such lovely lamps!

Griffin said...

Dah-link, it's sooo you!

Actually you only have to worry when it looks better on you than as a lampshade.

Juddie said...

Love the fabulous picture, and the great accessory!