Sunday 21 September 2008

This is....what I want to be when I grow up! and some exciting news!!

I have actually already given this a lot of thought - even before this weeks theme! I can't quite decide between being a Fairy godmother (Benefits including: cool sparkly outfit, magic on hand, wings, hours to suit) or James Bond (Benefits: licensed to kill - which would be handy when doing the weekly shop, foreign travel, very cool car). Think I'll have to settle for Aston Martin driving psycho fairy!

Thanks to Bug and Pop for this weeks theme!

And now the rather exciting, to the point that I'm not actually sleeping properly, news is the "She's got bottle!" apron that I submitted for the Howies/Folksy competition got selected! My apron is part of a display in the Howies shop window on Carnaby Street, London!! I'm in really good company with some truly talented crafters, and you can see the other items that were selected here! They'll be on display until the 26th September, and customer voting will decide the overall winner, so if you find yourself wandering down Carnaby Street this week pop in and vote for your favourite (which is ME, obviously! I know, I have no shame!)

12 comments:

Daisie said...

Many, many, many congrats on the folksy/howies thingie! Brilliant!! Won't be on carnaby street but willing be will you to win!
xx

Griffin said...

"I'm in really good company with some truly talented crafters"

Well of course, you are a truly talented crafter. Also, they are lucky, what with you being a killer fairy, to be in your company.

Excellent and before long you will be the most fashionable crafter around... dahling!

Maureen Reynolds said...

Brava! Sharon. I won't be wandering Carnaby till February...poooh.

I'd say go for Fairy Godmother who watches Spooks in her spare time.

Jodie said...

Can someone pop in a do a proxy vote for me !!!! I'll get a permission note from my mum for you .

Jodie said...

ooops ! Congratulations !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Told you your talent would be recognized.That apron is the best thing ever! And that's saying something when all your other stuff is so fabulous! Well done! xxxxx

Anastasia said...

Congrats!!! wonderful news...i wish I was walking down Carnaby St this week!!! id vote for you, for sure!!

jennyflowerblue said...

That is very exciting, but very well deserved you clever stick!

Cindy said...

I think James bond would be fun, Maybe you could combine both and be a fairy godmother with spy qualities. That would get you some respect.

Bec said...

Congratulations!!! How very exciting - and well deserved :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Well done! Your apron totally rocks, i'm not surprised it was chosen!

nicedaydesigns said...

That's fantastic, congratulations, it must be very exciting.
I thought I was going to be a kangaroo when i grew up,thankfully I was wrong, the lack of opposable thumbs may have been a bit cumbersome while sewing.