Wednesday 25 March 2009

Got 10 minutes before I have to get ready for work, so bit of a quick post this one!
Above: Mother's Day card for mine and Mr.M's Ma's, with hearts made from.... wait for it.....the girls baby clothes. Aaahh sweet! Yes the red gingham and blue flower were worn by both sprogs the eldest only being 14 (I really do keep fabric for that long!) and the middle heart being newer and cut from a baby grow vest thing, was only worn by the youngest (um. I say 'newer' she's 9 and a half....)
Oh, just read that back to myself, the Mums got a card each not one between them, because there are 2 Mums I'm talking about, wouldn't want you to think there was only one and I married my brother or anything. I know I'm from Somerset originally, but really....


Moving on!
And then there was an emergency card making session last night for a friend's husband.
Smallski drew .......


And I stitched....
(and cleverly cropped out the massive stain on the tablecloth! Yay me!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay you in so many ways. You never cease to amaze with your fabulosical designs and innovative ideas. I love that the hearts are made of stuff with a history. Oh,and the tape measure thing is great, lucky you! Keep sewing. Funnily enough I've got a bit of sewing to do too! Mainly letting out since I live in the land 'o' the giants. xx

Swirlyarts said...

Stupid question - how do you get your machine to sew like that? I've tried and it doesn't work!