Friday 27 February 2009

Mug Swap Goodies!

7.30 am Thursday. Ooo! My Mug Swap parcel arrived! How very exciting! Funnily enough, in a box with Bridgewater written all over, strange because that's where I grew up! I love a weird coincidence!

To Sharon...that would be me!!


LOTS of lovely wrapped parcels.....



Then it was a bit of a free for all, with lots of 'help' to unwrap all the goodies, so the camera took a bit of a back seat I'm afraid! There was coffee (yum!), chocolates (yum yum! can you see the little hand in the corner?!),a chocolate cookbook, stickers, some die cut flowers - that have already been used on a birthday card :), some Cath Kidston cloth and a piece of coordinating felt and beautifully made hand covered fabric buttons. I'm gonna keep these to make something special just for me. And then there were ribbons, the most gorgeous selection of buttons, and some lovely printed fabrics! And these were all in blues and greens, which I LOVE! I can't believe that someone I have never met could pick such perfect things for me! Oh I forgot to mention the mug, now my favourite mug, it's pink with flowers that look like they've been appliqued on. (I'll take a better picture when I find where I put the camera.)

And I've saved these beauties until last, a covered notebook and key ring that were made just for me! I cannot express just how beautiful the stitching on these are. Each stitch is absolutely perfect! (And the key ring looks so much better on the back door key than the frayed old bit of ribbon that was on there!) And there were cute little moo cards too....
So who was this generous crafter, I hear you ask, that put so much thought and care into this gift swap?
So thank you Andrea, I'm truly amazed how well you know me from my blog! I really did have fun opening this, and I love my notebook ( it actually matches my cord jacket!).
(And by 8.15am ALL the chocolates were gone! No surprise there then....)

EDITED: Andrea has much much nicer pictures of my goodies over on her blog, go look HERE!

No comments: