Friday 23 November 2007

Any one out there?


Hello? Anyone out there? There is? GREAT!!


Welcome to the first post of
Iris & Lily handmade!




I'm Sharon, Wife to Mr.M and Mum to two girls Bigski and Littleski, (names have been changed to protect the innocent/insane, delete as appropriate).


I've always sewed, made things and decided to be a fashion designer at the age of 10. True(ish!) to my word I went to college studied fashion and became a patterncutter in London for 15 years, and finally moved to Warwickshire when we couldn't stand to be on the underground any longer with my head at armpit height!!


So I'm no longer a city girl, but now I'm a screenprinting girl. Combine that with a sewing/patterncutting/craft addiction and you get Iris and Lily handmade. I hope to post about what inspires me, what I'm working on and what I haven't got around to working on. Some might even end up in my virtual shop! Basically this blog gives a voice to the random crap that constantly goes on in my head!

Iris and Lily was actually started a while ago with a friend (the Iris half, now on a maternity break, but she'll be back!) . We tried to sell our wares at a few craft shows, but were outsold by a lady selling mice made from thistles.... mmmm nice. So I decided that perhaps wasn't an ideal 'shop front' and maybe this is, allowing me to join in with all the other inspirational handcrafters out there.


So here I am, out in the open and no longer lurking at other peoples blogs.
I'm joining in!

(P.S. It's taking me two months to commit to writing this post! I'm off for a lie down in a darkened room!)






No comments: