Sunday 2 November 2008

This is..... a favourite recipe I'd like to share

Are you sure you want cooking ideas from me? Because my first choice of recipe goes like this....
1. Put on coat
2. Exit front door
3. Cross road
4. Purchase some delicious chips, ask for salt and vinegar and curry sauce
5. Return to Chez Shazza. Arrange on plate, with addition of mayonnaise if desired
6. Enjoy!
But apparently Mr.M says that doesn't count, nor does giving you the telephone number of my favourite takeaway......Damn those men!

Which leads me to rely on Mr. Ramsay's rather fantastic cheesecake that feeds a lot of people, and looks very impressive for very little effort, always a bonus in my book! Sorry no pictures but it looks a lot like a cheesecake (because it is).

Baked New York Cheesecake (apparently serves 14- yeah right!)

1 1/2 Packets Hob Nob biscuits, crushed (or Digestives if you fancy)
75g butter, melted
250g caster sugar
800g cream cheese
pinch salt
2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
for topping;
50ml soured cream
25g caster sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 180c, 160c fan oven, 350F, gas mark 4. Mix biscuits, butter and 50g of the sugar. Line the bottom and sides of a 23cm spring form cake tin with this mixture, pushing it into the corners. Store it into the fridge.
2. Whip the cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add the remaining sugar, whisk, then add the salt and vanilla and beat once more. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Pour into tin and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes until cheesecake set. ( It only takes an hour in my oven so best you check!)
3. Whisk together sour cream, sugar, and vanilla and pour over cheesecake and bake for further 10 minutes.
4. Decorate with berries to make it look pretty, before serving to your guests who will applaud you loudly! (I live in hope.....)

Thanks to Angela at Three buttons for this weeks theme!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Ai up ! (goes like that non ?) you're a right northen lass ain't ya (southern me).... chips and chips chez Shazza innit wot ?
I am jealous really as chips from the chipie with vinegar here are a thing of the past ...
That cheese cake looks so good, I am going to try it because normally I don't like cheesecake but if Shazza and Gorda say it rocks then it rocks, wot !

Swirlyarts said...

The takeaway option sounds good to me!!

Griffin said...

I'm going to have to try that cheesecake... while singing the song, Cheesecake!

For a gorgeous simple recipe, try looking for Financiers au Miel at www.chocolateandzucchini.com

They are honey almond cakes and are not only tasty but quite easy (i.e. I managed to make some without wrecking anything... including the kitchen).

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the chips idea. Do they deliver? xx

Sharon said...

I'll deliver if you happen to be sitting in the kitchen! ;)